Your child is getting closer to finishing high school and entering the adult world. Making mistakes are a normal part of growing up. Continue to provide emotional support and guidance for them during this time. There are no scheduled immunizations at this visit unless your child is behind and needs to catch up on immunizations.
During the teen years, we provide the opportunity for your teen to have at least a portion of this visit with the parent out of the room.
At this visit we will:
- Measure your child’s weight, height and body mass index and record on a growth curve.
- Complete sports physical forms and discuss sport safety (if your child is participating in sports).
- Review your child’s school performance.
- Perform any recommended yearly screening tests (depending on family history, sexual activity etc.).
- Reinforce healthy choices and risk behavior avoidance.
- Discuss exercise and nutrition, particularly in association with increased awareness of body image and diet.
Immunizations: Men B (optional)
Tests/Screens/Assessments: Vision Surveillance, Hearing Surveilllance, TB Surveillance, Anemia Surveillance, Adolescent Depression Screening, Lipid Profile, Hemoglobin Test
Helpful Info: Teens, Behavior
Bright Futures Patient Info